In a piston pump, the piston is fitted with the piston valve (non-return valve) and slides vertically up and down within a cylinder which is fitted with a foot valve (non-return valve). Applying the force on the handle of the water pump causes vertical movement of pump rods that are connected to the piston. When the piston of the pump moves upwards, the piston valve closes and a vacuum is created below the piston valve; the piston valve causes water to be drawn into the cylinder through the foot valve, which opens. Simultaneously, water above the piston, held up by the closed piston valve, is displaced upwards. When the piston moves downwards in hand pump, the foot valve closes to prevent backflow of water, and the piston valve opens to allow the piston to move down through the water in the cylinder.
|Each Project Kit Contains||
1. Material required for doing activity
2. Basic Material required for decoration
3. Detail Instruction to build models.
1. Minimum Recommended age: 4+
2. Material Type: Raw Material
3. Mode of use; Do It Yourself (DIY), Build from scratch
4. Time required: 40 min
There are no reviews yet, why not be the first?